Friday 18 January 2013

Felt purse and cupcakes

As part of my blogging to do list I find tutorials I like and make them and tell you all about it, this weeks tutorial I found is one I found ages ago before I started blogging and I always said I'd like to make that so I did. I can't remember how I found it but I found Paper and String's blog and loved it straight away. This is their wonderful purse designed in felt so not worring about fraying fabrics.
 
click here to find Paper and String's purse tutorial
 
I did try to make one of these before but with having a small baby and a pre-schooler around and 3 school runs a day I managed to put it down somewhere and still haven't found it.
This is make try at making this purse.
 
 
The whole process of making this purse was fun, quick and very easy. There are loads of photos to help a novice to advance sewer. It's all done by hand so you can take it anywhere to make.
I made mine while keeping an eye on my poorly DD. And she looked quite interested in making one for herself.
The only thing I did slightly different from the tutorial is add some interfacing to the felt as it was very thin and I wanted my purse to last a while.
 
Zoe xx

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours you have chosen :-)
    I use 2 layers of felt to make the purse sturdier but interfacing is a good idea, it's probably eaiser than sewing through all the felt layers?
    Glad you enjoyed it :-)
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete