Saturday 12 January 2013

Last mintue gift.

When my children have parties to go to I like to get the children a book as a gift but there has been a few times I've had to do something different and I had to do that this week when I was asked by one of the mum's at school if my son was OK to come to her son's 5th Birthday party. I tried not to look too shocked that one I had forgotten and two I hadn't got his gift.
 
I tried to find something that day but I didn't have time to order anything and I had no idea what he likes so the next day (the day before the party) I asked the boy's mum what he was into and she didn't really know what to say. She said he liked Cars and I had a little think.
That evening I got my son to help me find some fabric for a last minute gift, we decided on a cushion with the little boy's name.
 
 
So the day of the party I set to making the cushion. It wasn't a difficult one it was just a square piece of fabric, with felt letters bondawebbed in place then stitch on for security and two back pieces.
The mum was pleased with the cushion as it was so different to the other wonderful gifts he got plus my little boy brought some chocolate too as the little boy did ask for that in the first place.
 
I love making cushions with names on mainly as my children all have names that rarely ever find on items so it inspired me to do this in my work.
 
Here is some on my other cushions
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
If your interesting in one please email buttonedupandpinneddown@yahoo.co.uk for more details
 
Zoe xx

2 comments:

  1. They're all beautiful Zoe. They look so well made. And what a great birthday present for your son's friend! Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie, I love making them and have now had lots of practice :-) x

      Delete