Sunday 16 May 2010

Something for me.


I love creating wonderful things for people to look at and enjoy but I had been putting myself to one side so after seeing where you can get a pattern for the tunics the fabric-worm people were wearing in sew hip a few  issues ago. I brought the pattern and was going to make it last weekend but I didn't have enough fabric to make it which is quite surprising if you knew how much of the stuff I have, I was in luck as on Wednesday I went to Hertford with my mum and nan to the 'Harts of Hertford' on Fore Street I found a spring/summer fabric that I liked and decided that would be great so at a bargain price of £3 per meter I got what I hoped would be enough and waited till I some time at home.

Yesterday was the day I had done some housework and then set to copying the pattern to paper and the cutting out the fabric, this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be as I actually managed to fit all the pieces on the fabric with a little jiggling, folding and ironing and I still have some left over.I followed to pattern and after some hours I had produced my new top and I'm liking it alot and I might have to make the shirt style next.

No comments:

Post a Comment