Tuesday 17 August 2010

Part 2 of 8 completed.

Late yesterday evening I completed another item from my challenge, I have finished a wonderful pinafore dress from Emma hardy's book 'Making Children's clothes' using some fabric printed with pictures of Cicely Mary Barker's Flower fairies and sweetpea flowers. The dress is lined in a plain green cotton.
This pinafore is easy to cut out and assemble, within in a few hours it was ready (with the ocassional mishap of not quite having enough fabric for the lining which I sorted out by making the lining 2 cm shorter that indicted then made the hem smaller to make it match the outer fabric once made).

Here are some photo's then I'm off to make plans and find what fabric I can use next.
Flower fairy pinafore dress front
Flower fairy pinafore dress using an Emma Hardy pattern.
Picture of Cicely Mary Barker printed fabric.
Green button etched with a flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment