Thursday, 19 August 2010

Part 3 of 8

Today I have now finished the 3rd item in my challenge, its a denim hat with a blue cotton with white spots.
The denim are legs from a pair of jeans I'd made into a bag that can fit a laptop in which is on sale at my  folksy shop. I had aimed to use the fabric for a hat but hadn't got round to it but with going on hoilday its always best to have 2 hats so I made it for my challenge.
Now this hat is another item from 'making children's clothes' but as I'd already made a vintage one for my daughter I had a good chance of making it, all went well but as its for a boy I found the brim a bit long and looked a bit girly on him so I took a few cms off then continued as the book said.
When it came to topstitching the brim I stitched extra rows instead of the one in the book, it has worked well so I'm happy. Here are some pics.
Boys repurposed denim sun hat.
Light blue cotton with white spots for the lining.
Top stitched outer brim.
Top stitched inner brim
Now its time to start entertaining the children then back to find more fabric for the next part of my fabric challenge.


  1. Love those spots. Very summery. Well done.

  2. Love the spotty hat, perfect, I have been meaning to make myself one for months after seeing them in boden a couple of seasons ago! Kx