Sunday 5 January 2014

Oops where did the time go?

Welcome to 2014, I have somehow managed not to blog for over 6 months. I'm not sure why but in that time we have had lots of birthdays, a holiday to the seaside as well as Christmas and new years.

In a few days the kiddies will all be back at school and I will be working on my sewing list.
One of the things on my sewing list over the next week is a Fionna the Human from Adventure Time Hat. I made one for my teen daughter a few days ago but now seem to have an order from her best friend. I'm going to work on a tutorial to make your own for later in the month.

Tutorial to come soon.
Before Christmas I did LOTS of sewing mainly lots of stockings for the children as well as my folksy shop but sadly only a few sold, but at least I'm organised for next year.


Christmas stockings - pin up hunks, Nordic deer's, TARDIS and Adventure Tim fabrics.

Other things I made before Christmas that wasn't stockings was a large amount (for me) of Doctor Who related items. I was invited to share Doctor Who day at a lovely church in Gordon Hill where Karen at Karen's Kitchen at St Luke's celebrated 50th anniversary of Doctor Who with lots of locals.


Doctor Who inspired creatures - Badges, compact mirrors, A6 notebook and diaries, keyrings and stockings.
Other things I've been up to is making a few new zipper wallets from a pattern I found via Instagram by Michelle Patterns. I've liked it for a while and hadn't got round to buying it then after a great sale of stock so I brought it, and set to making up some (and one for myself) I added an extra feature of a matching compact mirror to make it a gift set.


Zipper wallets in My Folksy Shop 
Well that's only a few weeks of 2013 and I will be back with more soon

Zoe xx



No comments:

Post a Comment